Size: 16.4 MB
Selektor is compatible with all major DAWs
- Windows XP, Windows 7 or Windows 8
- VSTi compatible host software (32/64bit)
Mac OS X:
- Intel® Mac with Mac OS X 10.5 or later
- VSTi or AU compatible host software
- AU (32- and 64-bit)
- VSTi (32- and 64-bit)
The easiest way to find the right samples for your beats
The idea of Selektor is simple - quickly and easily switch between one-shot samples while your track is playing to instantly hear how it fits in your track. Just like switching presets on a synth.
Choosing the right kick drum is an essential ingredient to any great track. Selektor makes it faster and easier for you to find the best kick and other elements for your beats.
Still dragging-n-dropping your samples?
You’ll never again have to drag-n-drop hundreds of kicks to find the perfect one. With Selektor you’ll find it in seconds!
The Old Way of Finding Drum Elements
Until now you have had to dig through folders and listen to samples outside of your DAW and out of time with your track. Or you’ve had to manually drag a folder of samples into your DAW to go through each one manually to see what fits best. Not anymore…
The New Way
With Selektor you’ll hear your drum samples in the context of your track right inside your DAW. If it doesn’t sound right, you can instantly switch to a new sample and hear the difference. Selekor allows you to do this with just the click of a button!
- Make beats in minutes, not hours. With Selektor you can easily switch one-shot samples on a fly while track is playing so you’ll always hear how this new element sounds when combined with the other elements of your track making it much faster to find the one that works.
- Wider selection. With Selektor’s tabs you can save and compare up to 4 different samples at the same time and switch between tabs on the fly to find the perfect one.
- More Customization. Tweak volume, transposing and envelopes of each sample to perfection.
- Get rid of routing. The concept of Selektor is taken from traditional studio recording style - one instrument - one track. If you have kick track you have it as a separate track and process it as a separate track without wasting time on routing.
- Save CPU processing power. Selektor is easy on your CPU. This plug-in works quickly and doesn’t eat up your pc memory. We created this plugin with resource savings in mind so you can easily use one Selektor instance for your kick, one for snare, and one for every other element of your beats.
- Creativity boost. Don’t let your gear get in the way of your creativity. Selektor lets you explore more of your creative ideas while you work on your track.
How it Works
All you have to do is to add Selektor to new MIDI track, draw pattern on piano roll and select one-shot sample from your sample library. As your track or loop is playing you switch between samples in the same folder and instantly hear how each sample fits into the track.
Selektor comes with a small, but carefully assembled exclusive sample library for edm producers, filled with fresh one-shot drum samples:
- 58 Kicks
- 40 Snares
- 26 Claps
- 29 Hihats
- 18 Digital percussions
- New feature: start and end markers added
- New feature: zoom in/out feature added
- Selektor does not recognize the root note of the sample.
- Selektor is not a synth. It's a sample player and it doesn't generate kicks, snares, etc.
- Like any other 3rd party sampler, Selektor doesn't copy files (samples) to project folder, it just plays the file from its location. If you are going to transfer your project or move sample library, then you need to manually copy all samples that linked to Selektor and set the new path. Or you can simply freeze Selektor’s tracks.
What Our Customers are Saying
So interesting and exciting to discover the manufacturing secrets of so many eclectic styles and try to unravel the mystery of the big hits thanks to Abletunes.
Universal Music Group, Black Gizah Records
My first recommendation to new producers is to open projects from others and study them. Abletunes enables you to do just that and I find myself downloading their releases quite often to learn from and pick apart.
Spinnin', Dharma, Musical Freedom, Revealed
First, i'd like to say I am a HUGE supporter of Abletunes. I have been purchasing your templates for years and I absolutely LOVE the techniques that you use because they are actually CORRECT. I studied "Mixing & Mastering" from Grammy Award Nominated: Luca Pretolesi of Italy and you guys use some of the same techniques as he does and that amazes me. I believe your "Producers" and "Mix Engineers" are GENIUS and I just wanted you guys to know that I appreciate what it is that you are doing. [...] Anyways, just wanted to let you guys know I appreciate your business and I am happy that there is actually a company that wants to teach people on how to become better Producers / Mix Engineers the CORRECT way. There is SO MUCH misinformation out there and I am thankful for your guys proper approach to producing. THANK YOU!
DJ / Producer
I wanted to take a moment to say that your templates have changed the way I look at production. These are such amazing starting points and I just had to say how much I appreciate the team there at Abletunes!
I just wanted to say your templates are amazing! I 'm trying to learn music production and I was starting to feel stuck with the youtube tutorials and masterclasses. But for me these templates are a goldmine for learning !! Thank you for making these.
I really respect what you are doing with your company. I have been involved with music for a long time and I believe there are a lot of misunderstandings about production. The way music production is taught in many places I feel is completely wrong and often leaves students at the end of their courses feeling uninspired and that they will never achieve their musical dreams. Breaking down songs into professional templates and letting users work out the musical rules is a great way to improve production. Well done :)
What can I do with Abletunes templates?
The main purpose of our templates is learning by reverse engineering. They are fully mixed, mastered and arranged so you can explore all aspects of the music production "from the inside". You can use samples, racks, presets and channel strips for your own production. Moreover, you can use our templates as a powerful starting point for your new tracks.
You can use template-based tracks for commercial releases, YouTube videos, apps, games, film, television, radio, websites, etc. For a full list of permitted and unauthorized uses, please check our License Agreement.
Exactly what do I get when I buy Abletunes template?
You’ll get a .zip file that contains mixed and mastered Ableton® Live™ project (*.alp), synth presets and all the samples used.
What if I don't have the required plugins?
Upon request we can freeze or bounce synth tracks in audio format.