The easiest way to find the right samples for your beats
The idea of Selektor is simple - quickly and easily switch between one-shot samples while your track is playing to instantly hear how it fits in your track. Just like switching presets on a synth.
Choosing the right kick drum is an essential ingredient to any great track. Selektor makes it faster and easier for you to find the best kick and other elements for your beats.
Still dragging-n-dropping your samples?
You’ll never again have to drag-n-drop hundreds of kicks to find the perfect one. With Selektor you’ll find it in seconds!
The Old Way of Finding Drum Elements
Until now you have had to dig through folders and listen to samples outside of your DAW and out of time with your track. Or you’ve had to manually drag a folder of samples into your DAW to go through each one manually to see what fits best. Not anymore…
The New Way
With Selektor you’ll hear your drum samples in the context of your track right inside your DAW. If it doesn’t sound right, you can instantly switch to a new sample and hear the difference. Selekor allows you to do this with just the click of a button!
- Make beats in minutes, not hours. With Selektor you can easily switch one-shot samples on a fly while track is playing so you’ll always hear how this new element sounds when combined with the other elements of your track making it much faster to find the one that works.
- Wider selection. With Selektor’s tabs you can save and compare up to 4 different samples at the same time and switch between tabs on the fly to find the perfect one.
- More Customization. Tweak volume, transposing and envelopes of each sample to perfection.
- Get rid of routing. The concept of Selektor is taken from traditional studio recording style - one instrument - one track. If you have kick track you have it as a separate track and process it as a separate track without wasting time on routing.
- Save CPU processing power. Selektor is easy on your CPU. This plug-in works quickly and doesn’t eat up your pc memory. We created this plugin with resource savings in mind so you can easily use one Selektor instance for your kick, one for snare, and one for every other element of your beats.
- Creativity boost. Don’t let your gear get in the way of your creativity. Selektor lets you explore more of your creative ideas while you work on your track.
How it Works
All you have to do is to add Selektor to new MIDI track, draw pattern on piano roll and select one-shot sample from your sample library. As your track or loop is playing you switch between samples in the same folder and instantly hear how each sample fits into the track.
Selektor comes with a small, but carefully assembled exclusive sample library for edm producers, filled with fresh one-shot drum samples:
- 58 Kicks
- 40 Snares
- 26 Claps
- 29 Hihats
- 18 Digital percussions
- New feature: start and end markers added
- New feature: zoom in/out feature added
- Selektor does not recognize the root note of the sample.
- Selektor is not a synth. It's a sample player and it doesn't generate kicks, snares, etc.
- Like any other 3rd party sampler, Selektor doesn't copy files (samples) to project folder, it just plays the file from its location. If you are going to transfer your project or move sample library, then you need to manually copy all samples that linked to Selektor and set the new path. Or you can simply freeze Selektor’s tracks.
Selektor is compatible with all major DAWs
- Windows XP, Windows 7 or Windows 8
- VSTi compatible host software (32/64bit)
Mac OS X:
- Intel® Mac with Mac OS X 10.5 or later
- VSTi or AU compatible host software
- AU (32- and 64-bit)
- VSTi (32- and 64-bit)
(#2 on the DJ Mag Top 100 DJs)
(Defected, Rising Music)
(Strictly Rhythm, Bargrooves)
(Recovery House, Mutants)